What is Chicken Marsala?An easy and quick classic Chicken Marsala recipe. Breaded and pan-fried
chicken cutlets in a creamy and rich Marsala wine sauce and loaded with
Course : Dinner
Cuisine : Italian
Keyword : chicken marsala
Prep Time : 10 minutes
Cook Time : 15 minutes
Total Time : 25 minutes
Servings : 4 servings
Calories : 545kcal
Author : Valentina's Corner
2 large chicken breasts (3 small)
3 Tbsp oil
12 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp oil
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup Marsala wine
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbsp butter
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 Tbsp flour
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp garlic powder
⅓ tsp salt
1. Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise. Lightly beat chicken until even in thickness.
2. In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the breading.
3. Generously coat the chicken cutlets in the chicken breading.
4. In a skillet, heat 3 Tbsp oil. Once hot, cook the chicken until fully cooked flipping halfway, cook 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
5. Using the same pan, saute the mushrooms with 1 tsp oil in until fully cooked.
6. Add 2 Tbsp butter and garlic and saute for another minute.
7. Add flour and quickly stir.
8. Add the wine, broth, salt, pepper and simmer about 2 minutes, until sauce thickens.
9. Add in the heavy whipping cream, simmer for another minute.
10. Add the chicken back into the pan and cover with the mushrooms Marsala wine. Cook until chicken is
11. Garnish with fresh herbs.
12. Enjoy, friends.
Calories: 545kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 903mg | Potassium: 834mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 650IU | Vitamin C: 8.2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron:1.6mg